Thursday, January 20, 2011

How I'm doing so far

Quite honestly, I'm not doing as well as I had hoped... Even though I just started this blog, I am actually on day 18, I think & have only completed something like 10 "real" thank you's.  Not exactly the "reach for the stars!" kind of start I was hoping for...BUT - to quote Bob, from my Biggest Loser workout on my Wii, "If you fall down, that's just another chance to get back up."  (That may be only 1/2 accurate, but you get the gist.  I'm usually falling down and severely out of breath when he says it, so I don't exactly have my best "listening ears" on).

So why am I 8 days behind?  Good question.  I'd like to blame someone else...or even just a lack of time, because (just like everyone else) I'm pretty "busy."  Truth is, I think I'm just not making it enough of a priority.  Honestly - it takes 30 seconds - 5 min. to thank someone (depending on the method used - more on that later).  So, THANK YOU Bob Harper (or is it Bob Greene?  I can never remember which one is Oprah's little buddy & which one is on BL...) for reminding me that today is my chance to "get back up" and start making thank yous more of a priority in my life.  (No, this doesn't count as my thank you for the day). 

Stay tuned to see if this little pep talk I just gave myself worked...

TIP OF THE DAY:  For anyone inspired by the Thank You project, here is a tip...make a list (it doesn't have to be 100 people long) of all of the people in your life you would like to thank.  It could be a "real human being" or a company/organization.  Anyone or anything that makes your life better - add them to the list.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment