Sunday, January 23, 2011

Attitude is EVERYTHING

So, I have been reading some books & articles on positive thinking lately and as much as I'd like to "poo-poo" it, I think they're on to something...I read in one book that once you have some negative thoughts running through your brain, chemicals (I don't remember what kind exactly, but for now I'll just call them "icky") get into your bloodstream and can remain there for HOURS.  So, according to this - it is actually physically bad for you to think negatively.  It makes sense then, that once you start to have negative thoughts it seems to spiral, making it easier to have more negative thoughts.  Before you know it, (to quote the ever famous Pastor Mike at a certain church I attend) you're "walking around like Eore from Winnie the Pooh." 
My intentions for this particular post were not to talk about positive/negative thinking, but to give my latest "up-date" on how the project is going.  Yesterday, driving down the road I was reflecting on what I would write and decided that this project was going MUCH better that previously reported.  I was feeling great about things and on top of the world.  I had also just finished a good, healthy round of positive thinking.  Today, as I actually sat down to write my post, I was feeling considerably less excited about things.  My husband and I had just finished discussing some not-so-uplifting financial issues (always a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon) and my toddler woke up from his nap in which he was magically transformed from the sweet, loving little boy who said "bye-bye, Mommy" when I laid him down, into a crying, un-happy version of the Tasmanian Devil. 
So, do your thoughts have anything to do with your perception?  I say yes.  And if you can give me a second while I give myself a quick shot of positive thinking and plug my ears for a minute, I will give you a more accurate up-date on the project...
I have successfully doled out 3 more thank you's in the last 3 days.  I made them a priority, they were heartfelt & I can feel good about putting more "positive" into the world.
Now, please excuse me while I try to find out if Tasmanian Devil's eat snacks.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment