Monday, February 14, 2011

Thank You Song


Here is a song I wrote awhile ago.  It's NOT about the pictures...those were pictures I found on my computer that (I hope) don't break copyright laws.  Please don't turn me in if they do break the laws.  :-) This is a "rough draft" of the song, but I wanted to share it, anyway.  I realize there are some technological errors that need to be fixed, so bear with me.

The history of this song:
Several years ago, I started the basic foundation of the song.  Chords, etc.  I was just play ng around with it for fun.  A year ago, I felt a push to finish the song.  I procrastinated...procrastinated...then procrastinated some more until finally, this fall I "finished" it (added words & a bridge).  Still unsure what to do with it, I felt pushed to ask a colleague for help with the technology side of things - getting the song from my head onto the computer.  Once it was on my computer, I left it alone for awhile, unsure of what to do with it.
About a month into this "100 Days of Thank You" project, I listened to the song again and realized what it was about - thanking God, even when we're too busy/worried/unsure of things.  Totally fits with my thank you project.

Coincidence?  You be the judge.  I'm voting for no...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment: